Wednesday, January 3

Faces of New York

Een webpagina als een mini documentaire. Gewone mensen van de straat de geplukt in New York met een verhaal over hun uiterlijk en hun leven. Deze dame zegt bijvoorbeeld: "Essentially I would say I have made a drastic change the last three years. Age caught up with me. Good times caught up with me. Wild parties caught up with me. And what I see now is a truly aging woman. I no longer see the spontaneous, witty, charming… I see an elderly woman. And I find that difficult, but in a way very freeing. I don’t have to be the life of the party anymore, and I can talk to charming people like you and not have to feel that I have to flirt with you. I’m much, much freer although considerably sadder getting old.

I’m a writer, and I’ve been a writer through all sorts of times. Journalism and creative magazines, news etc. It’s very difficult for me to sit back and watch as opposed to be the active force. And yet I think that if I stick it out I will discover a way of aging that involves anything that is different from doing crossword puzzles. Keep your mind active, you know? I got fit with gym, but I can’t do that anymore, and I don’t want to pretend.'' Van dit soort sites mogen er meer komen. Docusites zou een passende naam hiervoor zijn.


No comments: